Sunday, November 05, 2006

Rant Number 2

I am sick of the Republicans. I am sick of the Democrats. We need a new party. (No, not the green party. Although, they are precious) I don't even call myself a democrat anymore. I'm just liberal. I don't want to identify myself with a party.

Politics is all about the politics. Politics should be about the people, not the power. Doesn't our government work for us? I guess that is what it SHOULD be doing. Now, it's working for wealthy men. What we really need is an excellent president. I can't think of anyone who would say "That Bush is doing an EXCELLENT job running our country."

Another lovely topic is that of immigration. We need to remember that all immigrants are humans. We can't just send them back from whence they came. Let's ask a simple question, "Why are there illegal immigrants in this country?" The answer: "Because we tell them it is OK." True, few people probably say it is OK, but when people give illegal immigrants jobs, that is as good as a handwritten invitation in my opinion. And isn't it rude to invite someone and then tell them to go home? If I hear another negative comment about Mexicans I'll scream. THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS. Some of them will leave their country and enter America. Some of them will enter illegally. Some of them will enter legally and stay until they are illegal. BUT- they are still human. Yes, there is a problem with illegal immigrants (who are not all Mexican, by the way), but is it really them who should be punished?

Is that enough ranting for tonight? I would rant about Tennessee's amendment 1, but we already know how I feel about that one.

- Mari -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home